Friday, November 22, 2013

Gtk+ Si47xx Radio

Well...it's been a while since I have posted anything. So here is a little teaser of something that I have been casually working on. This is another radio project, this time on a RaspberryPi (RPi) using the same Si4735 chip as my other radio project and using a revamped object oriented design on the Si47xx library. Currently, this Gtk+ GUI you see below runs directly off of the RPi and I use X11 Forwarding to bring the GUI to my local PC, effectively giving me remote control over the radio. But as you can see from the GUI's "Network" menu item. I am in the process of bringing this GUI to the local PC and then remotely connect to a radio server that runs on the RPi. This will be (most likely) a TCP socket where the server will push the RDS/RBDS data to the client and the client will populate the corresponding GUI elements with the received data.



Unfortunately, I am not ready to share the sources publicly, but fear not, this will be made public in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment