Monday, October 5, 2009

Eclipse C/C++ IDE File/Folder Restore

Well, I am only human and it was only a matter of time before I slipped and deleted a precious piece of code from my thesis source code folder...I was definitely freaking out because I remembered struggling to get that particular piece of code working the way I needed it.

Luckily Eclipse has a bunch of smart programmers to realize such a case. As you may or may not know, when you delete a file in Eclipse, it does not go into the trash. So if you accidentally delete something in eclipse you might initially think "I am screwed...". Little did I know, I had absolutely nothing to worry about. If you need to restore a deleted file in Eclipse just go to the project's source folder and right click on it and select:

"Restore From Local History..."

You will get a friendly window showing you several restore points for the folder.

1 comment:

  1. Dang that would have sucked! That is definitely a great feature to keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete